Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel
707 S Houston, Tulsa, OK 74127-9012
Phone: 918/794-6000 | Fax: 918/794-0025 | 79 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Be our guest at the new & modern Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel! We are conveniently located in vibrant Downtown Tulsa, just across the street from OSU Medical Center, BOK Center, & the Cox Business® Center. Our modern atmosphere with friendly staff will quickly become your home away from home.
We are located one block away from access to US-75, I-244, & the Broken Arrow Expressway, only minutes away from historic Route 66 attractions. We welcome riders and travelers alike with covered parking and a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle washing station.
All of the biggest draws of the city are right at your doorstep. Take a run on the Oklahoma River Trails, catch a Tulsa Drillers® minor league baseball game at the ONEOK Field, or drop in for a concert at the world class BOK Center. The nearby Brady Arts & Blue Dome Districts offer a large variety of museums, bars, dining, & an extraordinary music scene.
Today's savvy business traveler demands more from their stay, and we're ready to make sure you're equipped with everything you need. Free internet access, 24-hour business center, board room and meeting spaces at this Tulsa hotel will ensure a productive trip. Never be late to your next meeting! Our hotel is also located within minutes of the federal & county courthouses, municipal offices, and major corporations such as The Williams® Companies, Bank of Oklahoma, & ONEOK.
Guests will find spacious and well-appointed rooms offering HD cable television with HBO®, high-speed internet access, a microwave and refrigerator. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, it's important to start your morning off right. Enjoy a complimentary full breakfast featuring hot waffles, eggs and sausage, pastries, fruits and 100% Arabica coffee.
Book your next room at Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel. Enjoy your stay! Complimentary garage parking on-site!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Exercise facility
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridors
- Multilingual staff, speaks English and Spanish
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center, 24-hours, free
- Audio/visual equipment and services
- Video conferencing
- Meeting facilities. Executive style boardroom can accommodate up to 15 people. Classroom style meeting space can accommodate up to 30 people. Rooms are equipped with lecterns and LED flat screen televisions, Wi-Fi access and video conferencing capabilities.
- Convenience store/Sundry, items available in the lobby 24-hours
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged free
- Free Parking
- Outdoor parking free
- Garage parking free
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus downtown tulsa/route 66 hotel in Tulsa.
Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus downtown tulsa/route 66 hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 36.147535 / Latitude: -95.997735
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Dallas, TX. Head northwest on US-75N from downtown Dallas. In 125 miles, merge onto the Indian Nation turnpike via the ramp to Henryetta/Tulsa (partial toll road). Continue onto US-75 N. Follow I-244 E. to E. 43rd Street/S. Lawton Avenue/Southwest Boulevard. Take Exit 4C from I-244 E. Continue onto I-244 E/US-75 N. Keep left to stay on I-244 E. Take Exit 4C for 7th Street toward downtown. Take W. 12th Street/Route 66 to S. Houston Avenue. The Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel will be on the right at the corner of 7th & Houston.
From: Oklahoma City. Head east on I-40 E. Keep right at the fork to continue on I-35 N/US-62 E. follow signs for I-44/Tulsa/Wichita. Continue to follow I-35 N. Take Exit 138A for Turnpike toward Interstate 44 E./Tulsa Toll Road. Continue onto Turner Turnpike Toll Road. Continue onto I-44 E. partial Toll Road. Keep left to continue on I-244 E. Keep left to stay on I-244 E. Take Exit 4C for 7th Street toward downtown. Turn right onto E. 43rd Street/S. Lawton Avenue/Southwest Boulevard. Continue to follow Southwest Boulevard. Turn left onto W. 12th Street/Route 66. Turn left at the second cross street onto S. Houston Avenue. The Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel will be on the right.
From: Wichita, KS. Head south on I-135 S toward Exit 4 partial Toll Road. Take the exit onto I-35 S./Kansas Turnpike toward Oklahoma City. Continue to follow I-35 S. Partial toll road entering Oklahoma. Take Exit 194A to merge onto US-412 E. toward Turnpike/Tulsa partial Toll Road. Keep left to stay on US-412 E. follow signs for I-244 E./US-75, N/Bartlesville/Joplin. Merge onto I-244 E./US-412 E. Take Exit 6B on the left for U.S. 75 toward Bartlesville. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for US 75 S./Okmulgee and merge onto US-75 S. Take the 11th Street/Houston Avenue Exit. Turn right onto S. Houston Avenue. The Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel will be on the right.
From: Joplin, MO. Head northeast on I-44 E. Take Exit 6 for MO-43 N./MO-86 toward I-44/Joplin/Racine. Turn left onto MO-43 N./MO-86 W./Hearnes Boulevard/S. Main Street. Turn left onto the I-44 W./MO-43 S. ramp to Tulsa, OK. Merge onto I-44/MO-43 S. and continue to follow I-44. Partial Toll Road entering Oklahoma. Take Exit 34 to merge onto I-44 W./US-412 W. toward OK-66/Tulsa partial Toll Road. Keep right at the fork to continue on I-244 W./US-412 W., follow signs for Sand Springs Enid. Take Exit 6B on the left for US-75 N. toward Bartlesville. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for US-75 S./Okmulgee and merge onto US-75 S. Take the 11th Street/Houston Avenue Exit. Turn right onto S. Houston Avenue. The Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel will be on the right.
From: Littlerock, AR. Head northwest on I-40 W. toward Exit 152B. Keep left to stay on I-40 W. entering Oklahoma. Take Exit 286 for Muskogee Turnpike toward Muskogee/Tulsa Toll Road. Continue onto OK-351/Muskogee Turnpike W. partial Roll Road. Continue onto OK-51 W. Continue onto OK-51 W./US-64 W. Take the 11th Street/Houston Avenue Exit. Turn right onto S. Houston Avenue. The Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel will be on the right.
From: Kansas City, MO. Head south on US-71 S. toward Exit 195. Continue onto I-49/US-71 S. Take Exit 53 for Missouri 96/U.S. 71 Business/Missouri 171 N./Central Avenue toward Missouri 571 S./Webb City. Turn right onto I-49BUS. Continue onto MO-249 S. (signs for I-44/US-71/Joplin). Take the I-44 W. Exit toward Tulsa, OK. Merge onto I-44 partial Toll Road entering Oklahoma. Take Exit 34 to merge onto I-44 W./US-412 W. toward OK-66/Tulsa partial Toll Road. Keep right at the fork to continue on I-244 W./US-412 W. follow signs for Sand Springs Enid. Take Exit 6B on the left for US-75 N. toward Bartlesville. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for US-75 S./Okmulgee and merge onto US-75 S. The Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel will be on the right.
Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
With a seating capacity for over 19,000 sports fans, the Bank of Oklahoma Center is a multi-purpose arena located in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. Known as the BOK Center and managed by SMG, the building is designed to host arena football, hockey, and basketball games as well as concerts and other events.
The BOK Center is the home of the WNBA Tulsa Shock, the AFL’s Tulsa Talons and the Central Hockey League’s Tulsa Oilers.
Designed by César Pelli, the arena’s striking architecture quickly made it a downtown Tulsa landmark, while food options from Tulsa-local restaurants such as Ike's Chili BBQ and Mazzio’s Italian Eatery help set the amenities apart from standard arena fare.
Cox Business Center
Formerly known as the Tulsa Convention Center, the facility also boasts over 100,000 square feet of exhibition space with 23 meeting rooms.
A member of the Professional Indoor Soccer League, the Tulsa Revolution call the Cox Business Center home, as do the Champions Professional Indoor Football League’s Oklahoma Defenders.
Managed by SMG, the arena is Tulsa’s go-to destination for traveling conventions and professional wrestling events.
Cyrus Avery's Route 66 Legacy
Adjacent to the Arkansas River, Cyrus Avery Centennial Plaza is an iconic stop along Historic Route 66 in northern Oklahoma in Tulsa. The plaza commemorates Cyrus Stevens Avery – known as the "Father of Route 66."
Completed in 2008, Cyrus Avery Centennial Plaza is located at the intersection of Southwest Boulevard and Riverside Drive.
Eight state flags – representing all states found along Route 66 – are showcased on the grounds, as well as the 20,000-pound bronze sculpture titled “East Meets West.”
Seeing the Cyrus Avery Centennial Plaza is just one of 24 things to do in Oklahoma in 24 hours!
Named in honor of oil man and art collector Thomas Gilgrease, Gilcrease Museum is located just northwest of downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. In addition to a number of Central American artifacts and South American artifacts, the museum holds the largest collection of the art of the American West.
History buffs and literature fans relish in over 100,000 books, manuscripts, and maps – including a letter from Diego Columbus dating back to 1512. Special tours through Gilcrease Museum’s gardens are also available, drawing thousands of visitors each year.
Featuring two 18-hole Championship courses, the LaFortune Park Golf Course offers a par of three on 6,970 yards of golf. Located in Tulsa in northern Oklahoma, the LaFortune Park GC is open daily from April through September.
LaFortune Park Golf Course yields the Par 3 Course – offering a lighted golfing experience until 11 p.m. Established in 1960, this municipal Tulsa golf course also features the Golf Shop, and great views at the North Dining Room.
Playing the LaFortune Park Golf Course is just one of 24 things to do in Oklahoma in 24 hours!
Over 800 of those acres are ideal for hiking and biking, while Mohawk Park Golf Course boasts two 18-hole courses – the Woodbine course and the Pecan Valley course.
The Tulsa Zoo & Living Museum is built on the grounds of Mohawk Park and is home to over 430 animal species.
Park visitors will also find the Oxley Nature Center, providing interactive exhibits and educational programs.
Make travel plans to explore Oklahoma. Be sure you spend some time in and around Tulsa – it's loaded with pleasant and must-see attractions like the Golden Driller, and the campus of Oklahoma State University - Tulsa. You'll find the OSU-Tulsa campus just north of Interstate 244, along North Greenwood Avenue.
Once known as the University Center at Tulsa, this school was officially enveloped into the OSU system in 1999. OSU-Tulsa is an extension of the main OSU campus in Stillwater. Academically speaking, OSU-Tulsa is focused on upper division and graduated level courses.
When you travel through Tulsa, you'll be greeted with a wealth of premier attractions. From the local museums, fun outdoor recreation spots, and tremendous local dining, Tulsa rarely disappoints. Be sure to plan a visit to the Oklahoma State University Center for Health Services.
The OSU Center for Health Sciences was established in 1972, and is just one of the many factions and off-shoots of the OSU system of schools found across the state. OSU Center for Health Sciences has one main claim to fame – the school is widely known for its College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Plan for an edifying experience on your next visit to Oklahoma. Venture northeast into the Tulsa area and check out the campus of Oral Roberts University. As one of the top private schools in the state, Oral Roberts is also an interdenominational liberal arts university.
Established in 1965, Oral Roberts University is named for its founder – Oral Roberts. You can find the campus south of downtown Tulsa along Lewis Avenue and 81st Street. The Oral Roberts Golden Eagles compete in 16 varsity level sports within the Summit League, a D-1 conference.
Enjoy a round of golf at the Page Belcher Golf Course in Tulsa. As you explore the Tulsa area, you'll find plenty to see and do – travel with your clubs and play 18 holes at Page Belcher Golf Course. Keep your puts steady and mind those bunkers.
With a slope rating of 126, and a course rating of 72.3, the Page Belcher Golf Course accommodates most golfers of any skill level. Page Belcher Golf Course was designed by Donald Sechrest, and opened for public play in 2003.
More than just a museum, the Philbrook Museum of Art is a place to dine, shop, and celebrate a special occasion near the Arkansas River.
Visit this Tulsa museum to view the collection of fine art from Africa, Europe, Asia and America in the exhibitions and permanent collections. Browse the collection of books, gift items and art in the Museum Shop or enjoy a delicious meal in the la Villa Restaurant.
Stroll through the beautiful outdoor gardens, while listening to the audio tour and admire the wonderful plants, flowers and peaceful surroundings. The gardens' sculpture walk and pathways provide an escape from a busy Tulsa area day.
RVS serves as a reliever airport for Tulsa International Airport. Established in 1958, RVS covers 700 acres just south of downtown Tulsa. RVS has three runways, 500 aircraft, and one terminal.
Boasting a collection of over 10,000 pieces, the Sherwin Miller Museum of Jewish Art is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The museum is part of the Fenster/Sanditen Cultural Center, which it shares with the National Council of Jewish Women Holocaust Education Center.
As the only Jewish museum in the Southwest, the Sherwin Miller Museum houses the most extensive collection of Judaica in the region.
The headquarters of the Jewish Historical Society of Oklahoma and Oklahoma Jewish Archives, the museum houses exhibits like the Herman & Kate Kaiser Holocaust Collection, which focus on survivors who settled in Oklahoma after World War II.
Standing at 76 feet, the Golden Driller is an iconic landmark of Tulsa in northern Oklahoma. Constructed in 1953, the golden oil worker weighs 43,500 pounds – making it the nation’s fourth tallest statue.
An Oklahoma State Monument, the Golden Driller is found at the entrance to the Tulsa Expo Square. The Golden Driller oversees Tulsa events like the Tulsa Flea Market, the Cowboys of Color Rodeo, and of course, the Tulsa State Fair.
Seeing the Golden Driller is just one of 24 things to do in Oklahoma in 24 hours!
Tulsa Air & Space Museum
Found at the Tulsa International Airport, the TASM exhibits military aircraft and Tulsa’s aviation history.
Displays include a F-14 Tomcat, Ranger 2000, and a Viper F-16. TASM also features the James E. Bertelsmeyer Planetarium – featuring astronomy shows on a 50-foot diameter dome.
Seeing the Tulsa Air & Space Museum & Planetarium is just one of 24 things to do in Oklahoma in 24 hours!
A public, joint civil-military airpark, Tulsa International Airport (TUL) is located in Tulsa and serves communities in northern Oklahoma. Formerly the Tulsa Municipal Airport, TUL was established in 1929, and is currently American Airlines’ global maintenance headquarters.
Home to the Tulsa Air and Space Museum, TUL covers 4,360 acres – consisting of one terminal and three runways. TUL is served by major airlines like America, Delta, Southwest, and United.
Tulsa Performing Arts Center
The facility features four theaters – the Chapman Music Hall, John H. Williams Theatre, Liddy Doenges Theatre, and Charles E. Norman Theatre.
Permanent residents of the of the PAC include Tulsa Opera, Tulsa Ballet and Theatre Tulsa.
The Chapman Music Hall – the largest of the PAC’s four theatres – has hosted such household names as Michael Bublé, Kelly Clarkson, and Steve Martin.
Tulsa State Fair
A Sooner State must-do, the Tulsa State Fair is 10 days of family fun for visitors from across Oklahoma.
Held at the Tulsa Fairgrounds, the fair is a showcase for livestock shows – including horses, goats, sheep, poultry, and steer.
The fun continues with the competitive exhibits in antiques, fine arts, horticulture, hand arts and culinary creations. The free daily concerts performed by national headliners on three stages are a highlight for fair visitors.
Adults enjoy the International Beer Garden, Wine Garden Oasis, Budweiser Beer Garden and the OK State Picking & Fiddling Championships.
The whole family has fun watching the PRCA Rodeo, as well as riding the more than 50 rides.
Located in Mohawk Park, the zoo is heavily involved in conservation efforts, including FrogWatch USA and efforts championing ocean conservation.
Visitors will find a wide variety of animal habitats set among exhibits like the Robert J. LaFortune Wild Life Trek and the Tropical American Rain Forest.
Named “America’s Favorite Zoo” by Microsoft Game Studios, the Tulsa Zoo is home to Siberian Cranes, Grizzly Bears, jaguars, an anaconda, and a great many more animal species.
From 1894 to 1920, it was known as Henry Kendall College. Today, the University of Tulsa is one of the largest schools in Oklahoma. Make travel plans to explore Tulsa and the its surrounding metro area – when you do, be sure to include a campus tour of UT on your agenda.
Located on 11th Street and Delaware Avenue near downtown Tulsa, the University of Tulsa is private, and it does feature a Presbyterian Church affiliation. Keep an eye out for the Skelly House, the official residence of the acting UT president. The Tulsa Golden Hurricane compete in 18 different sports – catch a Golden Hurricane football game at the H.A. Chapman Stadium.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 block(s) from BOK Center
- 1 block(s) from Cox Business Center
- 1 mile(s) from Cains Ballroom
- 1 mile(s) from Woody Guthrie Center
- 1 mile(s) from Brady Theater
- 14 mile(s) from Oklahoma Aquarium
- 9 mile(s) from Tulsa Zoo
- 5 mile(s) from Tulsa Fairgrounds
- 1.5 mile(s) from Dwelling Spaces, Dwelling Spaces is a REALLY FUN and unique gift shop located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Opened in August of 2006 in downtown Tulsa's Blue Dome District. Guaranteed to find 1 of a kind items that will make you smile. We also have a coffee shop located inside the shop called Joebot's Coffee Bar where we serve Topeca coffee.
- 3 mile(s) from Utica Square, Utica Square is an upscale outdoor shopping center located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The center is anchored by locally-owned department store Miss Jackson's (which first opened in downtown Tulsa in 1910 and moved to Utica Square in 1965), and a branch of the Saks Fifth Avenue chain. The shopping center features a number of smaller, mostly independent shops.
- 6.5 mile(s) from Tulsa Promenade, Tulsa Promenade is one of the premier destinations in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our shopping and entertainment venue is home to Dillard's, Macy's, JCPenney, Hollywood Theaters, Aéropostale, The Buckle, Charlotte Russe, Hot Topic, Express and other popular retailers. Tulsa Promenade is conveniently located next to The University of Oklahoma and approximately 2 miles south of the Expo Square, State Fairgrounds and several hotels, all of which provide shuttle service for shoppers.
- 11 mile(s) from Woodland Hills Mall, Woodland Hills Mall is a 2-level, 1 plus million square-foot, super regional shopping center anchored by Dillard's, ,jcpenneys, Macy's and Sears. The center features more than 165 fine stores, including over 80 stores you won't find anywhere else in Tulsa. Among Woodland Hills Mall's amenities are a carousel, a children's play area, a glass elevator and a food court with selections to suit everyone's tastes. We look forward to seeing you on your next shopping outing!
- 7 mile(s) from Tulsa Hills Shopping, The Tulsa Hills Shopping Center is in the Tulsa Hills District which spans from Highway 244 to the Creek Turnpike west of the Arkansas River which includes lodging, living, medical facilities, recreation, churches, shopping and dining opportunities.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1 mile(s) from Guthrie Green, an urban park and entertainment space in the heart of Tulsa's Brady Arts District, resides on the square block between Brady & Cameron and Boston Avenue & MLK Boulevard. Enjoy concerts, movies, fitness classes, food trucks, and much more at Guthrie Green. All events are free and open to the public!
- 1.5 mile(s) from Centennial Park, multi-use park offering water play areas, athletic fields, hiking trails, picnic sites & a dog park.
- 2 mile(s) from ONEOK Field, is a baseball park in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Located in the historic Greenwood district adjacent to downtown Tulsa, it is the home of the Tulsa Drillers of the AA Texas League.
- 1.4 mile(s) from Dust Bowl Lanes & Lounge, is an eight-lane bowling alley in the heart of Tulsa’s Blue Dome District. The 8,000 square foot facility, which includes a lounge, full-service bar, patio and private VIP room with two lanes, is a retro-inspired tribute to the classic bowling alleys of the 1970's.
- 4 mile(s) from River Parks, is a riverside network of trails, picnic areas & outdoor art with bicycling, kayaking, rowing & fishing.
- Adjacent to Baxter's Interurban Grill, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Baxter's has a quiet, casual and relaxing atmosphere but also is a place to have fun while enjoying a great meal! Your tastes will be delighted by our menu featuring a variety of American cuisine, traditional fare and signature dishes expertly prepared from our chefs' own favorites. Join us for lunch, dinner and special events. You can count on Baxter's Interurban Grill for personal service with every occasion.
- 6 block(s) from Ti Amo, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, Homestyle Italian flavors of Italy and the Mediterranean in an elegant, hospitable atmosphere.
- 8 block(s) from Elote Cafe & Catering, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, Mexican outfit known for area-sourced ingredients, organic meats, many tequilas & green practices.
- 7 block(s) from The Vault Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Classic American fare and craft cocktails in a mid-century modern setting.
- 9 block(s) from Deco Deli and Market, Deli, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 6 block(s) from Ron's Hamburgers & Chili, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch,
Best Western Plus Downtown Tulsa/Route 66 Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Tulsa. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean